berry nice lamington bites
We think these delicious bites taste just like lamingtons but are much easier to make! Give them a try and tell us if you agree.
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup oats (for nut free) or cashews (for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 10 raspberries
- Extra coconut for rolling
- In a food processor, whiz dates, coconut, oats/nuts and cocoa for about 60 seconds. It should form a crumbly mixture.
- Add water and blitz for another 15 seconds until mixture comes together
- Take 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture and roll into ball then flatten. Pop a raspberry inside and then roll into a ball. (add more water to mixture if it is too crumbly)
- Roll in extra coconut
- Refrigerate for 30 minute
Try changing the dates or another dried fruit or cashews to another nut, and create new combos.
I tend to use organic shredded coconut because it doesn’t contain additives (and whilst I am not too concerned about many food additives, this is an easy swap)