This amazing and versatile quinoa salad can be a hearty and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or colourful side! Give this gluten free salad a try and add your own favourite vegetables.
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 60 mins
- 1 cup tri coloured quinoa
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ cup green peas (fresh or frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons goats cheese or feta
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions (can be cooked on stove top, in microwave or rice cooker)
- Dice pumpkin and cauliflower into small pieces (about 1cm)
- Place pumpkin and cauliflower in a bowl and coat with olive oil
- Place on oven tray (lined with baking paper) and roast for 20 minutes at 180ºC
- While vegetables are roasting, cut broccoli into small pieces and slightly steam (on cook top or in microwave covered for 3 mins)
- Wash spinach and place in a large bowl
- Dice capsicum and shell fresh peas (if using)
- Once pumpkin and cauliflower have been cooking for 20 minutes, sprinkle with pine nuts and roast altogether for a further 5 minutes
- Combine spinach, quinoa, broccoli, capsicum, peas and roasted veggies
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese
- Serve plain or with a squeeze of orange juice, a dash of balsamic vinegar or a dollop of Greek yoghurt and enjoy
Feel free to add any of your favourite salad ingredients, we like to use sweet potato instead of pumpkin.
Use any kind of nut, or you can even add chickpeas in.
Change up this salad using fresh vegetables when in season and enjoy all year round!