So many veggies, so many uses! Our anything sauce uses just about anything to make it!
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 35-40 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves (2 teaspoons) crushed garlic
- 500g premium mince
- 10 mushrooms, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large handful spinach or kale, washed and diced
- 420g tin of brown lentils, drained
- 1 x jar Passata (or use 2 x 420g canned tomatoes. Or for a sweeter, thinner sauce use 1 can tomatoes and 1 can tomato soup)
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (Bolognese style)
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and eggplant
- Sautè for 4 minutes or until onions start to soften and turn translucent
- Add mince and tomato paste and cook until mince has browned
- Add remaining ingredients
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add more herbs or tomato paste to taste. Add stock or water if more liquid is required
Substitute the mince with 420g canned red kidney beans (drained) for a meat-free sauce.
Check out our magic pudding blog to see how many different ways you can use this sauce.