These apple fritters are a quick and easy snack the kids will love anytime. After school, as dessert, or morning tea.
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 12 mins
- 1 cup self raising flour (try half wholemeal and half white)
- ½ cup milk
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 apples
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Cinnamon for serving (optional, see note)
- Wash apples
- Thinly slice into circles
- Make batter by mixing together flour, milk, lemon juice and egg (if batter appears too thick, add a little more milk and mix in)
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a pan on medium heat
- Dip apple slices in batter, covering both sides, then place into pan
- Cook for 2-3 mins or until browned and then flip
- Cook remaining side for 2-3 mins
- Repeat with remaining apples
- Allow to cool slightly and sprinkle with cinnamon
If you are using wholemeal flour you might need a dash more milk.
The cinnamon can be added to the mix instead of sprinkling on top.