This Asian style veggie soup is easy, warming and delicious. Plus no annoying blending! What more could you want?
Prep: 2 mins Cook: 20 mins
- 1 leek (or onion)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms (whatever you can find, Enoki are great as they are like noodles)
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon/clove crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 3L stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- Wash leek and slice in half long ways and then cut into slices (if using onion, dice)
- Heat oil in a pot on medium heat and add leeks
- While leeks are frying, wash and roughly cut mushrooms, slice carrots into circles and dice zucchini (stir leeks occasionally and turn down heat when they start to brown)
- Add garlic, ginger and veggies to the fry pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add stock and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins or until cooked
- Add soy sauce (optional)
Add any veggies, herbs or spices you like.
Easily turn this into a meal by adding canned beans, dried soup mix, chicken or even noodles.
For those who like to spice things up serve with some chilli.