A great recipe traditionally made with potatoes, although you can use any veggies in this recipe. These flavoursome grated baked latkes are crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside.
🍴 Makes: 10
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup wholemeal self raising flour
- Pinch iodised salt, optional
- Olive oil or spray
- Heat oven to 200ºC
- Wash, scrub and dry potatoes (no need to peel unless they are very dirty)
- Grate potatoes and onion (using the large side of grater)
- Squeeze potatoes in your hands over a bowl to remove moisture (no need to do this with the sweet potato)
- In large bowl mix potatoes, sweet potatoes, onion, eggs, flour and salt
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place a heaped tablespoon of latke mixture onto tray and press to make latke shape (thinned latkes will be crunchier)
- Spray or drizzle latkes with oil
- Bake for 20 mins
- Flip and bake for another 10 mins or until golden brown
- Cool slightly and enjoy with apple salsa
You can use other grated vegetables.
For a crisper latke, instead of baking, fry in a little extra virgin olive oil.