Looking for a delicious, quick and easy dessert or a sweet something in the afternoon? Well look no further. This banana mug cake is simple to make, just mix the ingredients together and microwave, then enjoy! Try it out today.
🍴 Serves: 1
🕒 Prep: 5-10 mins Cook: 3 1/2 mins
- 1 small ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons self raising flour (if using a larger banana, add another tablespoon)
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- Mash banana with a fork
- In a large mug combine flour, egg and mashed banana
- Mix in vanilla essence, milk and oil
- Mix well
- Microwave (on a microwave proof plate incase it spills) for 3 1/2 minutes
- Insert skewer or butter knife into cake. If it comes out clean, it is ready, if not microwave for another 30 seconds (repeat until cooked). Note depending on size of egg and banana, sometime the muffin stays a little wet
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
In place of banana use 1/2 tablespoon cocoa and 1/4 cup frozen raspberries (cook for 3 minutes).