A simple, overnight recipe for a quick breakfast when you’re on the go to fuel you up for your busy day ahead. Our bircher muesli recipe is sure to hit the spot!
🕒 Prep: 5-10 mins + refrigeration over night Cook: 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons silvered almonds or seeds
- 1 large green apple, grated
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup milk
- Dash maple syrup, optional
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- ½ cup sultanas
- Natural yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place almonds on a baking tray and place in the oven for around 5 mins or until lightly toasted. Leave aside to cool
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, oats, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and sultanas
- Add the almonds and mix well
- Leave the bircher muesli mixture overnight in the container in the fridge
- When ready to eat, serve the bircher muesli with yoghurt and a handful of fresh berries
Use frozen berries when fresh ones are not in season – you can even buy mixed frozen berries! Let them defrost in the fridge.
Add any other of your favourite berries or fruits – sliced pears, mango or plums complement this recipe nicely.