- 2 tbsp silvered almonds or seeds
- 1 large green apple, grated
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup milk
- Dash maple syrup, optional
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- ½ cup of sultanas
- Natural yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place almonds on a baking tray and place in the oven for around 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Leave aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, oats, soy milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and sultanas.
- Add the almonds and mix well.
- Leave the bircher muesli mixture overnight in the container within the fridge.
- When ready to eat, serve the bircher muesli with yoghurt and a handful of fresh berries
Use frozen berries when fresh ones are not in season – you can even buy mixed frozen berries! Let them defrost in the fridge
Add any other of your favourite berries or fruits – sliced pears, mango or plums complement this recipe nicely