A simple, overnight recipe for a quick breakfast when you’re on the go to fuel you up for your busy day ahead. Our bircher muesli recipe is sure to hit the spot!
🕒 Prep: 5-10 mins + refrigeration over night Cook: 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons silvered almonds or seeds
- ½ large green apple, grated
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- Dash maple syrup, optional
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablepsoon natural yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries or strawberries
- Heat a fry pan on medium
- Dry roast nuts for a couple of minutes, stirring often (be careful not to burn)
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, oats, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and sultanas
- Add the almonds and mix well
- Leave the bircher muesli mixture overnight in a container in the fridge
- When ready to eat, serve the bircher muesli with yoghurt and a handful of fresh berries
Use frozen berries when fresh ones are not in season – you can even buy mixed frozen berries! Let them defrost in the fridge.
Add any other of your favourite berries or fruits – sliced pears, mango or plums complement this recipe nicely.