Looking for a simple recipe to warm your family up during the winter months? Look no further than this delicious cheesy broccoli and cauliflower soup!
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 35 mins
- 1 large onion
- ½ large (approx. 700g) cauliflower
- 1-2 heads (approx. 700g) broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 litre stock (I use 4 cups boiling water and 2 teaspoons Massel chicken style stock powder)
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese (or a combo of tasty and Parmesan)
- Dice onion (you can get the kids involved using our first or next knife)
- Cut cauliflower and broccoli into florets (approx. 3cm)
- Cut zucchini into large chunks
- Heat oil in large pan on medium/high heat
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for three minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini and fry for two minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add stock, stock should just cover vegetables (for thicker soup use less stock)
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft
- Cool slightly
- Blend soup using blender, food processor or bar-mix
- Once soup is smooth, mix in cheese
Make broccoli soup by using no cauliflower and 2-3 heads of broccoli.
Make cauliflower soup by using 1 whole cauliflower and no broccoli or zucchini.
If you like a thinner soup, add a dash of milk at the end.
Want to make this more appealing for the kiddos? Try serving it in a hollow roll (hollow out a roll and oven bake for 5 mins).