This chicken and mango salad is a go-to meal to enjoy during the warmer seasons. It’s perfect for a light lunch or to serve as dinner.
🍴 Serves: 4
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 20 mins
- ⅓ cup pecans
- 500g chicken breast
- Dash vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 mangoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 red capsicum
- 4 passionfruit
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch chilli flakes or fresh chilli, optional
- In a large frypan toast pecans on low heat, stirring often for 2-3 minutes
- Slice chicken so all pieces are roughly the same size and thickness
- Cook chicken on a heated oiled grill plate or fry pan until chicken in browned both sides and cooked through
- While chicken is cooking prepare salad: Wash spinach, dice mango and avocado, and thinly slice red capsicum
- Make salad dressing by combining olive oil, lime juice, passionfruit pulp and chilli, if using
- Top salad with chicken and dressing
Add any of your favourite salad veggies or even some steamed broccoli.
Sometimes if we don’t have lime and passionfruit we just use Balsamic vinegar as dressing or kids like it plain.
To bulk up the meal for dinner add some crouton. To make simply dice bread and mix in bowl with a little olive oil and some crushed garlic. Cook in fry pan, stirring often, until crispy.
Leftovers make a great wrap for lunch.