We all know that kids love chicken nuggets, so why not try this fun and easy recipe? These chicken nuggets are great for dinner served with a side of colourful veggies.
🕒 Prep: 15-20mins Cook: 20mins
- 500g chicken breast (skin removed)
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs (or 3 pieces of multigrain bread, toasted and blitzed in food processor)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Put baking paper onto a tray
- Cut chicken into nugget sized pieces (not too thick)
- In three bowls:
– In first bowl put flour
– In second bowl put eggs and lightly beat
– In third bowl mix together oats and breadcrumbs
- Dip chicken in flour, eggs then breadcrumb mix
- Place on tray
- Bake for 20 minutes (cut one in half to check it is cooked all the way through)
We love to enjoy these nuggets with a colourful salad.
Try using some grated cheese or sesame seeds in place of oats.