My 6 year old asked for choc chip muesli bars that you get from the supermarket, so I made her these chocolate and banana muesli bars and they got a big thumbs up from all of my children. A great way to use up those over ripe bananas, these are also freezer friendly.
Makes : 12 – 16
Prep: 10 mins Cook : 40-50 mins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl mash banana
- Add oil, syrup and vanilla and mix
- In another bowl mix oat, Flour and coconut,
- Add oat mix to banana mix
- Give big mix until all combined
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Place mixture into tray and press down into tin with your hand
- Sprinkle with choc chips and press choc chips into bar lightly
- Bake for 40 minutes (50 minutes if you want a crunchier bar)
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into pieces
This recipe is freezer friendly. You can pop into a lunchbox frozen and it will be defrosted by lunchtime.