Legumes in snacks, what a great idea! These chocolate and chickpea cookies have great texture, are gluten free and are a fantastic way to include some legumes into your snack times. The chocolate also helps to mask the chickpea flavour.
🍴 Makes: 10
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 425g thinned chickpea, drained (use leftover liquid to make egg free meringue)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 – 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ cup chocolate (you can use dark choc chips, dark choc melts roughly chopped or even your fav block chocolate roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Mix together chia and water and leave to thicken for 5 mins
- Drain chickpeas and rub dry in a clean tea towel
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (except choc chips)
- Process for 20 seconds, or until mixture smooth and combined
- Stir in chocolate
- On a lined baking tray, place tablespoons of mixture onto tray
- Flatten slightly
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool on a cooling tray
For a real taste sensation try a combo of white and dark choc.
You could try substituting some of the chocolate with dried fruit.