Coconut, raspberry and banana bread is a colourful twist on a classic banana bread. The addition of coconut and raspberry gives this sweet bread extra colour, texture and a burst of flavour. Try adding other ripe fruit you have in your pantry or fridge.
Prep: 5 mins Cook : 45 mins
- 1/3 cup sunflower or olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 mashed ripe bananas
- 2-3 drops vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl mix sugar, oil, bananas, eggs and vanilla together
- Add in dry ingredients (flour, bicarbonate of soda and coconut)
- Mix in sour cream
- Stir until combined (but not over mixed)
- Mix in frozen raspberries
- Spoon into tin
- Sprinkle with extra coconut
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until cooked through (test by inserting a skewer or butter knife in the centre of the bread, if it comes out clean, it’s done!)
You can easily substitute the sugar with dried fruit (sultanas or cranberries).
Enjoy this coconut, raspberry and banana bread warm or cool.