Coconut, raspberry and banana bread is a colourful twist on a classic banana bread. The addition of coconut and raspberry gives this sweet bread extra colour, texture and a burst of flavour. Try adding other ripe fruit you have in your pantry or fridge.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 60 mins
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sunflower or olive oil
- 4-5 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain Greek yoghurt)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl mix sugar, oil, bananas, eggs and vanilla together
- Add in dry ingredients: flour, bicarbonate of soda and coconut
- Mix in sour cream
- Stir until combined but not over mixed
- Mix in frozen raspberries
- Spoon into tin
- Sprinkle with extra coconut
- Bake in oven for 45-60 minutes or until cooked through (test by inserting a skewer or butter knife in the centre of the bread, if it comes out clean, it’s done!)
Enjoy this coconut, raspberry and banana bread warm or cool.
Try making this a tropical loaf by replacing raspberries with canned, drained pineapple chunks.