Colourful fried rice is a dinner time staple in my house. This family favourite is a simple way to add some colour to your plate and is an easy dish to use up any vegetables in the bottom of the fridge.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10-15 mins
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or canola oil
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 bunch asparagus (diced)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 handful mushrooms (diced)
- 1 red capsicum (diced)
- 1 can corn kernels (drained)
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups brown or Basmati rice (cooked and cooled)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk together
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat
- Add veggies to pan and fry for a 2-3 minutes
- Add rice and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Move the rice mixture to the side of the pan
- Pour eggs into the space created in the pan and cook for 2 minutes
- Once egg is cooked, mix into rice mixture
- Add soy sauce and cook until heated though
Add any of your favourite stir fry ingredients including other vegetables or nuts!
You can enjoy this hot out the pan as a side or main meal, or even refrigerated as a rice salad.