It’s taken me years to work it out, but here is a crunchy muesli bar! Great as a bar or break it apart and use as granola with fruit and yoghurt.
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 20 mins
- 1½ cups oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried apricots, diced
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or essence)
- Heat oven to 180°C and line a slice dish with baking paper
- Mix oats, coconut and apricots in large bowl
- In a saucepan combine coconut oil, sugar and maple syrup. Heat on medium heat until melted and sugar dissolved (about 5 mins), stir occasionally
- Take off heat and mix in bicarbonate soda and vanilla
- Add wet mixture to oats and mix
- Put mixture into lined slice tray. Press down with your hand and then press with the bottom of a cup
- Bake for 20 mins
- Cool then cut
These are very crunchy! For lunch boxes, I pop them in a small container so they don’t break.
Change coconut and apricots for any flavour you like, such as other dried fruit or chocolate chips.