- 1 and 1/2 cups oats (quick or regular)
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or essence)
- Heat oven to 180 and line a slice dish with baking paper
- Mix oats, coconut and apricots in large bowl
- In a saucepan combine coconut oil, sugar and maple syrup. Heat on medium heat until melted and sugar dissolved (about 5 mins), stir occasionally
- Take of heat and add bicarbonate soda and vanilla. Mix
- Add wet mixture to oats
- Put mixture into lined slice tray. Press down with your hand and then the bottom of a cup.
- Bake for 20 mins
- Cool then cut
These are very crunchy! For lunchboxes, I pop them in a small container so they don’t break.
Change coconut and apricots for any flavour you like. Try other dried fruit or chocolate chips.