This super simple healthy dessert is a real crowd pleaser for all ages. Design your own “jelly” by customising it using your favourite flavours. The kids will love getting creative with this four-ingredient snack!
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 180 mins (includes setting time)
- 2 teaspoons powered gelatin (or if using leaves use 6)
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups liquid of choice (fruit juice or fruit and veg juice or milk with vanilla essence or milk with 6-8 chocolate melts. Featured image uses orange juice)
- Fruit to decorate and serve (apple, blueberries is used in the image above, however any seasonal fruits that are able to be cut and hold shape can be used for the base (kiwi fruit, peaches, pears) – get creative!)
- In a small pan, mix gelatin and water using a whisk over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved (about 2 mins)
- In a separate pan, heat liquid of your choice (if using milk and chocolate pop both in pan and chocolate will melt) and bring to a simmer
- In a heat proof bowl, mix gelatin mixture and liquid together
- Allow to cool at room temperate
- Once steam has stopped coming off mixture, refrigerate for 3 hours (to set)in a square pan or tray
- Serve with fresh fruit
Serving suggestion (as pictured above): Once orange juice jelly has set, cut up short rectangular segments of apple to act as the base of the ‘cheesecake’. Take jelly out of the fridge and slice jelly into segments that match the apple size (using a spatula is the easiest way to get them out!
Another idea: You can add fruit into your design your own “jelly” mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then mix in fruit. Pomegranate seeds or berries work well for this.
Jelly can be made to set in larger dish and scoop to serve or into small cups/bowls for a party-friendly dessert.
Serving suggestion (as pictured below): Jelly made orange juice and plums and served with fruit