This super simple healthy dessert is a real crowd pleaser for all ages. Design your own “jelly” by customising it using your favourite flavours. The kids will love to create this three ingredient dessert!
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 180 mins (includes setting time)
- 2 teaspoons powered gelatin (or if using leaves use 6)
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups liquid of choice (fruit juice or fruit and veg juice or milk with vanilla essence or milk with 6-8 chocolate melts)
- Fruit to serve
- In a small pan, mix gelatin and water using a whisk over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved (about 2 mins)
- In a separate pan, heat liquid of your choice (if using milk and chocolate pop both in pan and chocolate will melt) and bring to a simmer
- In a heat proof bowl, mix gelatin mixture and liquid together
- Allow to cool at room temperate
- Once steam has stopped coming off mixture, refrigerate for 3 hours (to set)
- Serve with fresh fruit
You can add fruit into your design your own “jelly” mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then mix in fruit. Pomegranate seeds or berries work well for this.
This can be made to set into a larger dish or into small cups/bowls for a party-friendly dessert.