- 10 rice paper wraps
- 8 blueberries (when in season)
- 6 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 6-10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 Kiwi
- 6 strawberries
- 1 tin mandarin segments
- 1 apple
- 6 mint leaves, optional
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp honey (adjust according to taste)
- Wash and prepare the fruit: Hull and slice the strawberries into thin slices. Peel and cut the kiwis into thin slices. Peel and cut banana into thick slices. Slice the apple. Drain the tinned mandarins
- Prepare the rice paper wraps. In a large bowl soak the rice paper wrap in warm water for about 20-30 seconds (as per packet instructions). The wrap should be pliable, but still slightly firm, as it will soften while you put the filling. Place onto a large plate and start adding fruit straight away. Do one wrap at a time
- Choose filling and prepare.
- Filling 1: Blueberries, strawberry, coconut and banana
- Filling 2: Strawberry, wipe of balsamic, spinach, basil
- Filling 3: ‘Fruit salad’ Kiwi, mint, strawberry, apple slices and tinned mandarin.
- For filling 1: Lay two slices of strawberries, a few blueberries and banana in the middle of strawberries. Sprinkle wit coconut. Do another layer of banana and strawberry
- For filling 2: Lay 4-5 slices of strawberry, use a pastry brush to wipe strawberries with balsamic vinegar. Top with 2-3 basil leaves. Top with approx 10 spinach leaves.
- For filling 3: Lay two slices of kiwi, 2 mint leaves and 2 slices of strawberries. Top with 4 slices of apple and 3-4 mandarin segments.
- To fold the rice paper roll up from the bottom to cover the fillings, then fold each side and roll. Ensure that you pull the rice paper taught to get the best result. Place onto a plate and repeat with the rest of the rice paper wraps.
- To make the dip for filling 1 and 3- simply mix the honey with the yoghurt.
- Dip the rice paper rolls into the dip and enjoy.
You can use many combinations of fruit- try kiwi, strawberry, pomegranate seeds and mango (fresh, frozen or tinned).
Another great dip for these is a juice of 1/2 lemon, juice of 1/2 lime and 1 tsp of honey.