Learn how to poach eggs like a pro with little fuss and clean up with this super simple recipe. Easily poach multiple eggs at once in your oven.
Prep: 1-2 mins Cook : 10-12 mins
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Into a muffin tray crack as many eggs as you want to cook (one egg per muffin hole)
- Top each egg with 1 tablespoon of water
- Place eggs into oven and cook for about 12 minutes
- Check eggs after 10 minutes, cook until desired yolk consistency is reached (you may need to keep checking every 2-3 minutes)
- Drain off any excess water sitting on the top of the eggs carefully
- Place poached eggs onto plate and enjoy
Try sprinkling some herbs on the egg before adding the water and baking for some extra flavour.
Remember to remove eggs quickly and carefully as they will continue to cook if left in the tray.
Great as part of breakfast, lunch, salads or dinner.