An easy stuffed chicken breast that is quick to prepare and doesn’t dirty many dishes either! This simple cheesy chicken bake is one for the whole family to enjoy.
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 1 zucchini
- ½ red capsicum
- ½ red onion
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts (about 100-150g each)
- 1 tablespoon Bolognese herbs (or Italian herb mix)
- ¼ cup passata
- ¾ cup grated cheese (we used a blend of mozzarella, parmesan and tasty but any will do)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line one tray with baking paper
- Cut zucchini in half length ways and then cut into thin pieces (so you end up with semi circles)
- Cut red capsicum into strips
- Cut onion into thin slices
- Place chicken breasts onto baking paper
- Using a sharp knife, make slits every 2cm across in the top of the chicken, be careful to not slice right through
- Into each chicken slice, place one slice of onion, one slice of zucchini and 2 strips of red capsicum
- Sprinkle chicken with herbs
- Pour passata on top of chicken
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 30 mins (cut through one piece of chicken to check it is cooked through)
- Serve with a veggie side
You can use any veggies you like as stuffing, spinach and ricotta or tomato and zucchini would work well.
Recipe featured on mydeal.com.au – 5 speedy meals .