Edible bracelets are a fun activity and great way for children to Eat Colourful! This snack is full of whole grains, fruit and veg with some sweetness from dried fruit. Children can design their own.
Makes : Variable
Prep: 10+ mins Cook: 0 mins
Take your pick from:
- Grapes (cut in half for younger children)
- Red capsicum (diced)
- Cucumber (sliced into circles)
- Dried apple (cut in quarters)
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apricots (cut in half)
- Mini pretzels
- Puffed corn
- A ball of string
- Plastic needles (available from eBay)
- Prepare all ingredients and put them in separate bowls (children can use Foost First Knife to prepare ingredients)
- Tie a piece of string long enough to go around your wrist onto the end of the needle
- Tie a knot in the other end of the string
- Start threading your own combination of ingredients onto the string (leave enough space to tie each end together)
- Cut the needle off and tie on your wrist and enjoy!
You can use any type of fruit (dried or fresh) and you can even try popcorn!