Fruit pet with chocolate yogurt is a fun food art activity and a creative way to enjoy a variety of tasty fruit. This makes a lovely afternoon activity and as a bonus you get to eat the fruits of your creation at the end! Let children design their own fruit pet.
Prep: 20 mins Cook : 0 mins
- Your choice of seasonal fruit and veggies
- Choose fruits and veggies of different colours: banana, carrot, strawberry, blueberries, pear, apple, watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe and more…
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- To make yoghurt dip, mix yoghurt, honey and cocoa
- Wash and cut fruit and veggies, ready to make your fruit pet (children can use the Foost first knife)
- To make fruit pet, arrange fruit and veg and yoghurt on a plate into an animal shape or face
- Decorate with coconut and currents
Why not read What If Fruits Were Animals before or after this food art activity.
You can use toothpicks to make a 3D pet
You might like to draw and design your fruit pet on paper first
You can make other flavours of yogurt. Try adding some frozen raspberries to make it choc raspberry.
You can also turn the fruit into fruit kebabs by treading fruit pieces onto skewers