Crispy, salty haloumi contrasts beautifully against velvety sweet potato in this stunningly presented salad. This haloumi and sweet potato salad is perfect for your next BBQ or get together with friends.
🕒 Prep: 15mins Cook: 20mins
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, washed and scrubbed (no need to peel unless very dirty)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 red capsicum (plus 1 yellow capsicum, if available)
- 1 avocado
- 1 green apple
- 1 packet haloumi cheese
- Dash sunflower oil
- Dice sweet potato into small pieces
- Heat coconut oil in pan and add sweet potato
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally (be careful not to burn, turn heat down if necessary)
- Add cashews and craisins to pan and mix then cook for 5 minutes
- Wash and place spinach on platter
- Top with chopped capsicum, avocado and apple
- Add sweet potato mix to salad
- Slice haloumi (about 1/2 cm in thickness)
- Add a dash of sunflower oil to pan
- Fry haloumi on medium to hot heat for 2 minutes each side
- Add to salad and enjoy!
Try using pumpkin in place of sweet potato and add any of your favourite salad ingredients!
Feel free to top with other nuts or seeds.