After using a big bunch of chopped kale in your salads, frittata, pasta dish or perhaps in a spinach, ricotta and kale pie, you find there’s still plenty of kale leftover. A great idea to use up lots of kale is to make kale chips! Super light, crispy and tasty, this recipe shows just how versatile kale can be.
🍴 Makes: lots
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10 mins
- 1/2 bunch of kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle salt, optional
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Remove any thick stalks from larger leaves of kale (with knife or scissors)
- Wash and dry kale (massage a little when drying in tea towel to help reduce bitterness)
- Tear or cut kale into chip sized pieces and place in large bowl
- Add oil and balsamic vinegar (and salt if using) and mix until kale is coated
- Spread kale on a baking tray and bake for 7-8 minutes until crunchy (be careful not to burn them)
For added flavour, try sprinkling dukkah over the kale before baking in the oven.