Want to save money, be organised and waste less veggies? Try this warming soup with any sad looking or leftover cooked veggies you have in the fridge.
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 30-40 mins
- 500g pumpkin
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium potato
- 1 onion
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 cups leftover steamed or roasted vegetables (any)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped, optional
- ½ cup milk (or coconut milk), optional
- Black pepper, optional
- Roughly chop pumpkin, carrot, potato and onion
- Put vegetables into a saucepan
- Add stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes (until soft)
- Allow to cool slightly
- Pop all cooked vegetables (including leftover ones) and cumin into a blender and puree until smooth (be very careful as mixture is hot)
- Return to saucepan and add parsley, milk and black pepper, optional
- Cook until reheated (don’t boil)
This recipe works really well with left over roasted pumpkin or sweet potato.
Use any sad looking veggie you have in this recipe.