lemon, asparagus and parmesan risotto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (1 clove)
- 2 cups Alborio rice
- 1 lemon
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 zucchini
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup grated pizza cheese (mixture of tasty, mozzarella and Parmesan)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Grated
- Dice onion, crush garlic and zest half the lemon
- Heat oil in the pan on medium/high for 2 minutes
- Add onion and garlic
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often
- Add rice and lemon zest and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often so rice doesn’t burn
- Add stock and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want rice mixture to be slowly simmering.
- In the meantime, slice zucchini into thin circles then cut each circle in half.
- Break asparagus ends with your hands (and discard). Cut asparagus into 2 cm pieces
- Add asparagus and zucchini to rice and mix. Squeeze the lemon into risotto.
- Add oregano
- Cook for about another 5-10 minutes until most of liquid is dissolved. Check to see if rice is soft. If rice is still hard-ish and no liquid, add one cup boiling water. Cook until rice soft.
- Take off heat and mix in cheese
Try adding other seasonal veggies
Here are some ideas to add alongside this dish for dinner: Ribs, Sweet potato and Grilled Halloumi Salad and Zucchini chips.