A crunchy, fresh and sweet salad the whole family will enjoy! This mean green apple salad is the perfect side to the family meal or the perfect dish to take to a get together.
🕒 Prep: 10-15 mins Cook: 2-3 mins
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- Green veggies of your choice (try broccoli, snow peas, asparagus, celery,
- 2 apples, red or green (your choice)
- ¼ cup nuts (roasted are delicious)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Wash spinach and arrange on a platter
- Quickly steam (for 2-3 mins) florets of broccoli and/or asparagus
- Wash and dice green veggies to be eaten raw
- Arrange green veggies on spinach
- Thinly slice apples and arrange on top of green veggies
- Sprinkle with nuts
- To make dressing put oil, vinegar and honey in a small jar
- Microwave for 10 seconds to melt honey
- Place lid on jar and shake to mix
- Serve and enjoy!
To make nut free, substitute nuts for your favourite seeds like sunflower seeds or pepitas.
Try adding some shaved parmesan on top of salad.