These muesli cookies are a hit in the lunch box, and with only 6 ingredients! Plus, a great way to use up any overripe bananas.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup craisins (dried cranberries) or sultanas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Mash bananas in medium sized bowl
- Add all ingredients and mix with wooden spoon
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Roll mixture into balls (about a tablespoon per ball) and place on baking tray
- Press each ball to flatten slightly
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until browned
- Allow to cool on baking tray
You can make this recipe into muesli bars. Follow steps 1-3. Place mixture into a lined slice tray. Press to flatten with your fingers. Cook for 30 minutes. Cool in pan then slice.
This recipe can be frozen. Place frozen cookie in your child’s lunch box and it will defrost.
Use any dried fruit you like in place of the craisons, diced dried apricots work well.
You can also make these into bliss balls, just replace the oil with 1 teaspoon of cocoa and use only 2 bananas. Mix and roll into balls. Instead of baking set and store in fridge.
As featured on: www.mydeal.com.au