I’m still learning to like tahini and my kids are still learning to like chickpeas but served up in a cookie we are all happy! These are a super fun way to get more legumes into your diet. You can play around with the flavour and design your own creations.
🍴 Makes: 12
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 425g tinned chickpeas, drained (use leftover liquid to make egg free meringues or chocolate cake)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup craisons (dried cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Drain chickpeas and rub dry in a clean tea towel
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (except choc chips, coconut and crasions)
- Process for 30 seconds, or until mixture is smooth and combined
- Stir in choc chips, coconut and craisons
- On a lined baking tray, place 12 tablespoons of mixture and flatten slightly
- Cook for 30 minutes
Try changing the flavour by using diced dried apricots or sultanas in place of craisons.
You can make your own creations by changing the chocolate chips, coconut and crasions.
If you can have nuts then you can substitute tahini for natural peanut butter or another nut butter.