Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best – and these cookies fit the brief! They are a one-bowl wonder, best enjoyed warm out of the oven but will keep well for a few days (if they last that long!). A great recipe for snacks, picnics or office morning teas, you can boast about how you made them from scratch!
🍴 Makes: 12-16
🕒 Prep: 10 mins, cooking time: 10-12 mins
- 1 cup of your favourite peanut butter variety – we used crunchy!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup rolled oat
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees° and prepare baking tray by lining with baking paper
- In medium mixing bowl, add peanut butter, brown sugar, beaten egg and rolled oats and mix until all ingredients are combined
- Roll cookie mixture into 12 balls and place on baking tray approximately 3cms apart. Flatten with the back of a fork
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove tray and allow cookies to set
- You could use any nut spread including tahini, almond or cashew instead of peanut butter
- Try adding a mashed banana (you may need to add another 1/2 cup oats)