Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best and these cookies fit the brief. They are a one-bowl wonder, best enjoyed warm out of the oven but will keep well for a few days (if they last that long!). A great recipe for snacks, picnics or office morning teas, you can boast about how you made them from scratch.
🍴 Makes: 12-16
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 12 mins
- 1 cup of your favourite peanut butter variety – we used crunchy!
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C and prepare a baking tray by lining with baking paper
- In a medium mixing bowl add the peanut butter, brown sugar, beaten egg and rolled oats, mix all ingredients until combined
- Roll cookie mixture into 10-12 balls and place on baking tray approximately 3cms apart. Flatten with the back of a fork
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove tray and allow cookies to set
You could use any nut spread including tahini, almond or cashew instead of peanut butter.
Try adding a mashed banana (you may need to add another ½ cup oats).