puffed rice choc slice
- 10 dates
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or sugar of your choice
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, butter, olive oil or oil of your choice
- 1 heaped tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Blitz dates and puffed rice in food processor quickly (you want large crumbs)
- Heat oil, sugar, tahini, cocoa and vanilla in pan on low to medium heat until melted and combined
- Add liquid to food processor and mix on low until combined
- Line a slice tin with baking paper. Add mixture and press down with your hand
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Slice and enjoy (store in freezer)
Get puffed rice and tahini from health food section of supermarket.
Try adding more coconut or use half puffed corn. Try adding dried apricots.