This puffed rice choc slice is a great nut free addition to your lunch box packing. Add dried fruit to this puffed rice choc slice for a burst of colour and flavour. Perfect for a choc fix for your afternoon snack.
Prep: 15 mins Cook : 30 mins
- 10 dates
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or sugar of your choice
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, butter, olive oil or oil of your choice
- 1 heaped tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Blitz dates and puffed rice in food processor quickly (you want large crumbs)
- Heat oil, sugar, tahini, cocoa and vanilla in pan on low to medium heat until melted and combined
- Add liquid to food processor and mix on low until combined
- Line a slice tin with baking paper
- Add mixture to tin and press down with your hand
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Slice and enjoy (store in freezer)
You can get puffed rice and tahini from health food section of the supermarket.
Try adding more coconut or use half puffed corn. Even add dried fruit like apricots or sultanas.
Remember this recipe contains sesame (which can be an allergen for some children).