Rice pudding is a classic dessert and a great way to use up left over rice. This healthy recipe allows you to waste less and enjoy your leftovers in a fresh way.
Prep: 2 mins Cook : 15-20 mins
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (can use caster sugar, brown sugar, honey or maple syrup)
- Place milk and rice in a pot and combine
- Cook rice and milk for 15 minutes on medium heat
- Add beaten egg, vanilla and sweetener
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes
Enjoy this rice pudding served hot or cold and serve with fruit (fresh, stewed or drained canned fruit).