Soups are a fantastic winter warmer. You must try our roast tomato soup made with only six ingredients and packed loads of flavour!
Prep: 15 mins Cook : 1hr
- 1.5kg tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs (or fresh basil)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Line tray with baking paper
- Cut tomatoes in half
- Skin onions and cut into large wedges
- Arrange onions and tomatoes on tray
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Roast for 45 minutes
- Transfer into pan and add 1 cup of stock
- Blitz together using a stick blender (or you can blend tomatoes in a food processor before adding to the pan – be careful it is hot)
- Add herbs and simmer for 20 mins
Try using half the amount of tomatoes and substitute the other half with capsicums.
Add garlic onto roasting tray for an extra flavour hit.
This soup is also freezer friendly!
Enjoy with crusty bread.