Roasted brussels spouts and carrots are a great recipe to try if you are still learning to like brussels sprouts. An easy veggie side to accompany lunch or dinner.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 60 mins
- 4 large carrots
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper or brush with oil
- Wash and cut carrots into batons
- Wash sprouts and cut off bottoms and remove any blemished outside leaves
- Cut sprouts in half, if some outside leaves fall off that’s fine (they become crunchy and delicious)
- In a medium bowl mix oil, maple syrup and mustard
- Add veggies and mix to coat
- Place veggies on a tray and spread them out evenly
- Roast for 1 hour (towards end of baking, check they aren’t burning)
Add any of your favourite veggies to the mix.