Making healthy gourmet food doesn’t have to be complicated. This pizza can be made by anyone, tastes amazing, and takes little effort!
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 40 min
- 1 wholemeal pita base
- 1/2 cup of Italian tomato passata
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 400-500g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 120g soft white cheese – my favourite is meredith goat cheese jars from the supermarket but soft danish feta from the deli works well too
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated parmesan
- 50g spinach leaves
- 50g roquette leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper (try re-usable)
- Toss pumpkin, rosemary and sage with oil in a large bowl
- Arrange pumpkin on tray and roast for 15-20 minutes or until just tender
- If adding pine nuts, toast over low to medium heat in a dry skillet/frying pan, moving constantly for up to 5 minutes until they’re lightly toasted on the outside. Remove from hot skillet and set aside to stop them continuing to cook
- Lightly coat the same skillet with olive oil and place back on medium heat
- Fry the mixed herbs with the garlic for a few minutes until golden
- Add the passata with sugar to reduce its acidity and cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- Pour sauce over pizza base (if using parmesan, pine nuts, red onion and spinach, add them now)
- Place pumpkin and crumble white cheese around the base and lightly drizzle balsamic glaze over the top
- Increase oven temperature to 220°C fan-forced and bake pizza for 10-15 minutes until base is crispy and toppings look cooked
- Remove from oven and place your roquette to serve!
- Serve with a simple side salad (inspiration here: sides)
Fresh herbs from the veg section work best but the dried versions will do just fine.
You can make your own dough if you like or use a pre-make pizza base in place of pita.
If you’re looking for something quicker to make, check out some other awesome easy dinners here.