Simple cinnamon scrolls are a quick and easy snack or dessert. Add dried fruit to satisfy your sweet cravings or even make these scrolls savoury!
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 20 mins
- 1 cup self raising flour, plus a little extra
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup caster sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- Heat oven to 180ºC
- Line a baking tray with paper
- In a large bowl mix flours and baking powder
- Add yoghurt and mix with a metal spoon (once almost mixed we find it easier to use our hands)
- Sprinkle a handful of extra flour onto a clean surface
- Add dough and kneed for about 1 minute (add more flour or yoghurt if needed)
- Roll out dough into a rectangle, approx 25cm x 40cm
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle on dough
- Gently roll dough into a log
- Using a butter knife, cut into 2cm thick pieces
- Place piece on tray and flatten slightly
- Cook for 20 minutes
This is a speedier alternative to classic cinnamon scrolls made with a yeast dough, which takes more time and ingredients.
These simple cinnamon scrolls can be made into different flavours. Try adding fruit, nuts, seeds or coconut on top of the cinnamon.
Try adding 2 diced apples and 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes to the filling.
You can even turn these into savoury scrolls!