Have extra yoghurt and want a delicious snack? Make these glorious lemon and blueberry muffins!
Prep: 15 mins Cook : 30 mins
- ½ cup olive oil (plus some to grease muffin tins)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup yoghurt (or sour cream)
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Brush 12 hole muffin tin with extra olive oil or line with 12 cupcake cases
- In a bowl, combine lemon zest, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla
- Mix until well combined
- In a large separate bowl, mix baking powder and flour together
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out excess liquid
- Add egg mixture, yoghurt and zucchini to flour and mix with a spoon to combine (be careful not to over mix)
- Distribute mixture evenly into each lined tin
- Take berries and press a few into each muffin
- Bake for 30 minutes
Try using other fruit in place of blueberries, strawberries work well.
Great as a healthy sweet snack, dessert or in a lunchbox.