These strawberry and dark chocolate muesli bars make a lovely addition to any lunchbox, picnic or snack. Filled with nutritious oats, delicious strawberries and smooth dark chocolate, these muesli bars can be enjoyed fresh out of the oven or stored in freezer for later.
🍴 Makes: 12 – 16
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook : 40 mins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup diced strawberries (about 1/2 punnet)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup dark choc melts
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl mix oats, flour and coconut
- Mash strawberries in a separate bowl with fork until mashed but still chunky and add strawberries to oat mixture
- In separate bowl (you can use empty strawberry bowl), combine oil, syrup and vanilla
- Mix liquid into oats and strawberries
- Give big mix until well combined
- Line a slice tray with baking paper
- Place mixture into tray and press down into tin with your hand
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Melt chocolate on medium heat in microwave (about 2 minutes but on half heat).
- Drizzle over muesli bars
- Allow to cool and cut into pieces
This recipe is freezer friendly. You can pop into a lunchbox frozen and it will be defrosted by lunchtime.