After a quick snack? These strawberry muffins are tasty and take no time to make! Even though strawberries may not be in season, you can use frozen strawberries! just as nutritious and tastes the same as fresh strawberries! This recipe is a great snack addition to your kids lunch boxes!
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup oil (plus some to grease muffin tins)
- Juice of half lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (or yoghurt)
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (frozen or fresh. If frozen, defrost before using)
- Handful choc chips, optional for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Brush 12 muffin tins with extra oil or line with 12 cup cake cases
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except strawberries and choc chips
- Mix until well combined
- Stir through strawberries
- Distribute mixture evenly into each lined tin
- Sprinkle each cupcake with a couple choc chips
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool before serving
Try using an ice-cream scoop to put mixture into muffin tins.
You can also decorate with coconut or an extra slice of strawberries.
Like these muffins and want to try another flavour? check out or lemon and blueberry muffins