After a quick snack? Or something for the lunchbox? These strawberry muffins are tasty and take no time to make! You can use fresh or frozen strawberries.
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 30 mins
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus some to grease muffin tins
- Juice of half lemon
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream or yoghurt
- 1½ cups wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (frozen or fresh. If frozen, defrost before using)
- Handful choc chips, optional for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Brush 12 muffin tins with extra oil or line with 12 cup cake cases
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except strawberries and choc chips
- Mix until well combined
- Stir through strawberries
- Distribute mixture evenly into each lined tin
- Sprinkle each cupcake with a couple choc chips
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Allow to cool before serving
Try using an ice-cream scoop to put mixture into muffin tins.
You can also decorate with coconut or an extra slice of strawberries.
Like these muffins and want to try another flavour? Check out or lemon and blueberry muffins.