Sweet potato boats are a yummy twist on the classic jacket potato. Make these your own by using your favourite fillings and toppings. A great way to use up left over veg in the fridge!
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 55 mins
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ zucchini
- ⅓ cup grated tasty cheese
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes
- Cover sweet potatoes with a piece of paper towel and microwave for 10 minutes
- Check sweet potatoes, continue to cook 5 minutes at a time until slightly soft (if needed)
- Leave aside to allow to cool down
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Grate zucchini and roughly chop spinach
- Heat oil in a fry pan and add zucchini, cook for 3 mins
- Add spinach and cook for a further 3 mins (until spinach is wilted)
- Cut the sweet potato length wise and carefully scoop out the middle
- Keep the skin intact and leave about 1 cm of sweet potato flesh
- In a bowl mash up the sweet potato flesh and add the greens and cheese and mix together
- Place sweet potato skins on a baking tray and fill with mixture
- Bake for 25 mins
Add any of your favourite jacket potato ingredients to the filling!
You can try adding onion, carrot, mushrooms, capsicum, corn or even ham or bacon.