This recipe makes for a great snack, fantastic dessert or even try it for breakfast. The traffic light fruit salad crumble is full of delicious fruits and will be a great hit with the kids.
🕒 Prep: 20mins Cook: 0 mins
- ⅓ cup red fruit (strawberries, red apple, raspberries -can use frozen, watermelon)
- ⅓ cup orange fruit (banana, cantaloupe, mandarin, orange, mango, pineapple -can use canned)
- ⅓ cup green fruit (kiwi fruit, green apple, rock melon, green grapes, pear)
- Half cup Natural Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons oats
- ½ tablespoon coconut
- ½ tablespoon dried fruit (sultanas, cranberries, dates)
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nuts or seeds (sunflower, pepitas, sesame)
- Wash/peel and dice fruit, leave on chopping board in piles of different coloured fruit (Why not get the kids involved using our Foost first or next knife?)
- In a separate bowl mix together yoghurt and raspberries
- Put yoghurt mix in the bottom of a tall glass or bowl
- Top with orange/yellow fruits
- Top with green fruit
- Mix together oats, coconut, dried fruit, cinnamon and seeds
- Top with oat mixture (home made muesli)
You can use any fruit in this recipe (eg. peaches, apricots, blueberries, tinned, frozen). Mix some chopped mint and lime juice into the green layer of fruit.
Try adding a layer of passion fruit on top of the yoghurt (if using).