Fun to make and fun to eat. You can design your own flavours by changing the veggies and adding different herbs or spices.
🕒 Prep: 25 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon, crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Grate or finely dice the vegetables (with your hands really squeeze out any liquid from the zucchini and potato). You should have about 4 cups of cut/grated veggies
- Grate cheese (if not already grated)
- Mix together all ingredients. Mixture should come together so you can shape it into tots or nuggets (if mixture is too dry, add a dash of oil or another egg, if too wet, add some bread crumbs). Mix with a spoon and then with your hands
- Take a small tablespoons of the mixture and shape into tots with your hands and place on baking tray (smaller size tots, brown up nicely)
- Repeat until all tots are made
- Cook for 15 minutes and flip
- Cook for another 15 minutes or until golden
- Serve with your favourite dip or sauce (give sweet chilli sauce a try!)
You can mix up the veggies you use: sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower or pumpkin also work well.
Add some herbs or spices, you can add diced onion, ½ teaspoon of paprika or cumin, some black pepper or ¼cup chopped parsley.
Serve with some tomato salsa. Try making your own quick tomato sauce by combining 1 can diced tomatoes (or 4 fresh tomatoes diced), 1 clove crushed garlic, one grated green apple, 1 teaspoon of sugar in a sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.