Fun to make and fun to eat. You can design your own flavours by changing the veggies and adding different herbs or spices.
🍴Makes: about 20
🕒 Prep: 25 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 1/4 head cauliflower
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon, crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Grate or finely dice the vegetables (with your hands squeeze out any liquid from the zucchini). You should ahve about 4 cups of cut/grated veggies
- Grate cheese (if not already grated)
- Mix together all ingredients. Mixture should come together so you can shape it into tots or nuggets (if mixture is too dry, add a dash of oil or another egg, if too wet, add some bread crumbs). Mix with a spoon and then with your hands 🙂
- Take a small tablespoons of the mixture and shape into tots with your hands and place on baking tray (smaller size tots, brown up nicely)
- Repeat until all tots are made
- Cook for 15 minutes and flip
- Cook for another 15 minutes or until golden
- Serve with your favourite dip or sauce (give sweet chili sauce a try!)
You can mix up the veggies you use: potato, sweet potato or pumpkin also work well.
Add some herbs or spices, you can add diced onion, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika or cumin, some black pepper or 1/4 cup chopped parsley.
Serve with some tomato sauce. Try making your own quick tomato sauce by combining 1 can diced tomatoe (or 4 fresh and diced), 1 clove curshed garlic, one grated green apple, 1 tespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.