A delicious way to serve zucchini! Make these zucchini pizza bites in the fry pan or in the oven.
🕒 Prep: 5 mins, cooking time: 10-20 mins
- 2 zucchini thinly-medium sliced
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil if using a fry pan
Fry pan method:
- Heat oil in fry pan for couple minutes on low to medium heat
- Add zucchini (if it doesn’t all fit, do in two batches)
- Cook for 4 mins or until browned
- Turn zucchini and reduce heat to low
- Spread pizza sauce on zucchini and sprinkle with cheese
- Cook for another 5 mins or until cheese melted and browned
Oven method (this method is easier if you have small children helping you prepare):
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with paper (or spread tray with olive oil if you want to save on the paper)
- Add sliced zucchini
- Spread sauce on zucchini
- Top with cheese
- Cook for 20 -25 mins until cheese has melted and browned
You can always add other pizza ingredients to jazz up the slices like mixed Italian herbs, olives or sundried tomato slices.
Have these as a quick snack or serve them up as a side with one of our easy dinners!