A delicious way to serve zucchini! Make these zucchini pizza bites in the fry pan or in the oven.
🕒 Prep: 5 mins, cooking time: 10-20 mins
- 2 zucchini thinly-medium sliced
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil if using a fry pan
Fry pan method:
- Heat oil in fry pan for couple minutes on low to medium heat
- Add zucchini (if it doesn’t all fit, do in two batches)
- Cook for 4 mins or until browned
- Turn zucchini and reduce heat to low
- Spread pizza sauce on zucchini and sprinkle with cheese
- Cook for another 5 mins or until cheese melted and browned
Oven method (this method is easier if you have small children helping you prepare):
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with paper (or spread tray with olive oil if you want to save on the paper)
- Add sliced zucchini
- Spread sauce on zucchini
- Top with cheese
- Cook for 20 -25 mins until cheese has melted and browned
- You can always add other pizza ingredients to jazz up the slices like mixed Italian herbs, olives or sundried tomato slices.
- Have these as a quick snack or serve them up as a side with one of our easy dinners!