This is a healthier spin on an Aussie favourite. We’ve also remove the need for any melting so it’s a great recipe for kids to make. They are no quite Anzacs but we think they are delicious!
🍴 Makes: 12
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins
- ¾ cup self raising flour, try using wholemeal (plain flour will also work)
- ¾ cup coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup sugar, any type
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C, and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, oats, sugar and chia seeds and mix
- Add golden syrup, oil and water and mix well
- With damp hands, squeeze and roll tablespoon size balls
- Flatten slightly in your hands and place on tray
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool on tray
- Store in air-tight container
Use any seed you like or use nuts, dried fruit or choc chips instead.
You could add grated zucchini or carrot.