A wonderful, lunchbox-friendly recipe to make with kids! You might already have all the ingredients you need in the pantry. See notes on how to turn this recipe into bars or bliss balls.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix with a wooden spoon
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Roll mixture into balls (about a tablespoon per ball) and place on a baking tray
- Press each ball to flatten slightly
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until browned
- Leave cookies to cool on a baking tray
You can make this recipe into bars. Follow steps 1-3. Place mixture into a lined slice tray. Press to flatten with your fingers. Cook for 30 minutes. Cool in pan then slice.
This recipe can be frozen. Place frozen cookie in your child’s lunch box and it will defrost.
Use any dried fruit you like in place of the choc chips, diced dried apricots work well.
You can add anything you like: chia seeds, vanilla essence, cinnamon.
You can also make these into bliss balls, just replace the oil with 1 teaspoon of cocoa and use only 2 bananas. Mix and roll into balls. Instead of baking, set and store in the fridge.