- 4 garlic cloves
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 brown onion
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 375g can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 200g tomato paste
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3-5cm pieces
- half a pumpkin cut into 3-5cm pieces
- half a cauliflower cut into smaller pieces
- 2 potatoes cut into 3-5cm pieces
- handful of green beans cut into smaller pieces
- Chop onion, garlic and ginger by hand, then saute in a heavy based saucepan with olive or coconut oil, until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer gently, covered, for 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is beginning to thicken. Stir now and then.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh coriander. You can use any vegetables you like. Try including peas, sweet potato or red capsicum.