These are delicious chocolate and spinach pancakes to have as a snack or pop in a lunchbox. They are great for helping children learn to love spinach. Try them today and let us know if you and your kids like them. Make them as small pikelets or larger pancakes. They are easy to prep, you just need a food processor or blender.
🍴 Serves: 4
🕒 Prep: 5 mins Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup dark choc chips
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- In large bowl mix flour and baking powder
- Add in egg, milk, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and whisk together
- Blend spinach in food processor
- Mix in spinach and dark choc chips
- Heat oil in pan on medium to low heat
- Add spoonfuls of mixture (you can make any size you like)
- Once bubbles form in pancakes flip (it will take about 2 minutes)
- Cook for another 2 minutes after flipping (turn heat down to avoid burning if needed)
- Enjoy the pancakes plain or with a dollop of yoghurt
Use any fruit, spice, seed or nuts you like.
Try swapping the choc chips for grated cheese for a savoury pancake.