A quick and tasty veggie filled soup. Perfect for making in bulk and freezing!
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 25 mins
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 sticks celery
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups stock (I use Massel chicken style stock powder – gluten free)
- 425g canned tomatoes
- 425g can brown lentils, drained
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
1. Dice onion and vegetables
2. Heat oil in large pan on high heat
3. Add onion and garlic and sauté for three minutes, stirring occasionally
4. Add vegetables and fry for two minutes, stirring occasionally
5. Add stock, tinned tomatoes, lentils and chilli
6. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft
Use any vegetable, try broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms.
Use extra chilli if desired.