Pack a punch of extra flavour and give this fennel and veggie soup a try. A simple and great winter warmer. Easily add in any of your favourite vegetables.
Prep: 3-5 mins Cook: 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sticks celery
- 1 bunch coriander, roots only
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 bulb fennel (use all)
- 1 litre stock
- Extra chopped coriander to serve (optional)
- Dice up onion and vegetables
- Heat oil in a medium pot on high heat
- Add onion, garlic and celery to pot and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add vegetables and fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add stock
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft
- Blend together in a blender or using a stick blender
- Garnish with chopped coriander
For a fennel and potato soup, swap sweet potato for potatoes, onion for leek and omit carrots.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy.