Potatoes are great all year around, but they do help keep the chill away during winter nights! These healthier scallop potatoes are easy and delicious! A great dish for your whole family to enjoy with any meal!
🍴Makes: 1 large tray
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cooking time: 1 hour
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 300ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 bunch of spring onion
- 1-2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced
- Roughly dice spring onions and garlic
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan on medium heat, add spring onions and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Wash and thinly slice potatoes and sweet potatoes (leave the peel on for added fibre)
- Prepare oven tray with a thin coating of EVOO and add one layer of potatoes
- Sprinkle potatoes with 1/3 of the cooked spring onions, as well as 1/3 of the milk and 1/3 cup of cheese
- Layer the sweet potatoes and repeat with another 1/3 of the spring onions, milk and cheese
- Add one final layer with leftover potatoes and rest of the spring onions, milk and cheese
- Cover with foil, place in oven and cook for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes (if it is not browning, increase oven to 200°C)
This dish is a great to take to a family gathering, or serve for your family with a colourful salad and our chicken on a stick!
Feel free to add any herbs or spices of your liking, including; salt and pepper, rosemary or basil!
Discover more quick and tasty recipes here!